Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Could I live a disabled lifestyle???

    Could I learn to live a disabled lifestyle? That is what I will be figuring out these next couple of weeks. I have always wondered what it would feel like to totally have to change my lifestyle and the way I do everything.
    The way I will be doing this is by actually putting myself up to the task. I will wrap my knee and put in a non moveable brace. To get around I will be using crutches. Another purpose for this social experiment is to see how other people will react to seeing a disabled person.
    I hope to learn that what I'm doing is only a tiny disability and that there are many more in the world. This social experiment will show me that it isn't easy to be disabled, but it's only a bump in the road.

6 comments:

  1. I love your topic. I am very interested to see what things you'll have to do differently as a result of have an immobile leg. Are you going to interview people with disabilities as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your topic is interesting but what are you going to do about dance? Are you still going to dance? And will you tell people that your disability is just a project or will you just let people think that you're really disabled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planing on still dancing only because we have a show coming up but other than that I will not be able to use my knee.

      Delete
  4. This is fascinating, Grace! I hope you'll be able to do some interviews, maybe in person, maybe online? If not, you'll still learn a lot from your own experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait to see your presentation. This will be very interesting to see come topgether because you are a dancer

    ReplyDelete